Monday, March 10, 2014

Checking The Mail Is A Big Event

So here in the country there is no postie.  Instead, we are now the owners of a PO Box and go to the post office to get our mail.  
Here's the Capella Post Office.  It's such a gorgeous little building.  It's the best looking building in town too.  And Eileen, the post office owner is just the nicest lady.  She remembered my name the first time and has made me so welcome.  She's always up for a chat and a wealth of information about the local area.  

Usually Natalie and I check the mail on one of our daily walks - from school, or to the library or the pool. I don't go everyday.  It's a bit of a letdown when there's nothing there so we generally just go every few days.  And if there's a parcel (from all our recent internet shopping it's a bonus!) This was the boys' first time at the post office and they thought it was just wonderful!



3 comments:

  1. Bev, I will get your big brother to make sure he send stuff! Keep posting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell us on fb when u post new entries xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can walk to so many places around town!

    ReplyDelete